Nov. 23, 2016
Lim said that from a sector perspective in the APJ region, the three top-performing sectors on the BIS were telecoms (45), public sector (45), and banking & financial services (41) - out of a total possible score of 100. Tied in first place, the performance of the public sector reaffirms the strong emphasis governments in the region were placing on digital transformation to provide more jobs and deliver better services to citizens.
He said the performance of the telecoms sector as a digital industry faced "huge challenges to its core businesses from a new breed of pure digital competitors. The banking & financial services industry is a sector that has always been a technologically advanced business, which explains the high ranking."
"Companies must incorporate technology - specifically software, into their operations and embrace digital transformation. The sustained delivery of superior user experiences via software will ensure that their businesses continue to remain at the forefront of their respective industries in this digital era."
Conducted by Coleman Parkes in May-June, 2016, the survey included 1,770 senior business and IT executives from large enterprises, across 21 markets and 10 industry sectors. A total of 799 respondents were from APJ; this covered Australia, China, Hong Kong, India, Japan, Korea, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand.
The KPIs used are:
Key Performance Indicator
1. Time-to-decision/time-to-act on new opportunities
2. Speed to market (time to develop/test and release new apps)
3. Revenue growth, new revenue sources
4. Digital reach
5. Competitive differentiation
6. Customer experience
7. Customer retention
8. Customer satisfaction (NPS i.e. Net Promoter Score)
9. Employee productivity
10. Employee recruitment and retention
11. IT-related costs
12. Quality of development processes/apps (# of defects)
13. Leverage of third-party developer innovation
14. Operational or process efficiency